Bringing Souls to Christ in Bixby "The Garden Spot of Oklahoma"

Praise be to God

Monday, February 18, 2013

Fasting from Dessert: Day 4 of 40

Over a month ago I began the Insanity workouts you might have seen on t.v. infomercials. A couple of my friends began this challenge at the same time, and both have served to help encourage me to "dig deeper" than I ever thought possible. I am now in my second month, where the workouts have become increasingly difficult. I am not sure I would have continued this challenge if it were not for these friends. There is power found in a group who are fighting through the same challenge.Although many decisions, activities, or challenges we engage in are of a personal and private nature, sometimes we find ourselves encouraged by knowing that others are experiencing similar challenges. It gives us strength to push through toward our goal.

As I refrain from eating dessert during these 40 days, knowing that others have and continue to fast from things to grow closer to God helps me focus beyond self and think of the greater good for others. Never underestimate the power found in community. The Church is there to empower one another in living out the will of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment